Comic writer and Marvel Editor in Chief C.B. Cebulski took the stage at San Diego Comic-Con 2019 for the “Marvel Comics: Next Big Thing” panel today to announce several new upcoming comic titles, with a heavy focus on the X-Men.
- Writer Gerry Duggan and artist Matteo Lolli craft a tale following a team of mutants known as the Marauders that sail the seas of the world to protect those who are hated and feared.
- This new team is led by Captain Kate Pryde and includes Emma Frost and the Hellfire Trading Company, Storm, Pyro, Bishop, and Iceman.
- Writer Tini Howard and artist Marcus tackle a new team of mutants that includes the new Captain Britain, Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee, Rictor and even the previously-villainous Apocalypse.
- Written by Benjamin Percy with art by Joshua Cassara, X-Force is the CIA of the mutant world.
- One half of the team is the intelligence branch, consisting of Beast, Jean Grey, and Sage, while the other half is special ops, consisting of Wolverine, Kid Omega and Domino.
- Written by Bryan Edward Hill with art by Szymon Kudranski, Psylocke leads a new team as she tries to find her place in a new world.
- Cable and X-23 join Kwannon for a personal mission that could jeopardize all of mutant existence.
- Jonathan Hickman joins fellow writer Ed Brisson and artist Rod Reis as the next generation of mutants claims the future.
- The classic lineup of New Mutants – Sunspot, Wolfsbane, Mirage, Karma, Magik, and Cypher – are joined by some newcomers – Chamber and Mondo.
- Hickman and superstar artist Leinil Yu reveal the saga of Cyclops in a brand new X-Men series.
- This new team of X-Men find themselves in a whole new world of possibility.
- “X-Men,” “Excalibur,” and “Marauders” will hit stores in October while “X-Force,” “New Mutants,” and “Fallen Angels” will be available in November.
- A second wave of X-Men related titles is already in the works.
Be sure to check back for more Marvel Comics news from San Diego Comic-Con 2019 as it becomes available.