Disney has teamed up with video game giant Nintendo and announced a playful special edition Disney-themed Nintendo Switch to be released in Japan, according to Cnet.
- The whimsical new design is inspired by Tsum Tsum, Disney’s wildly popular line of character plushes.
- The console bares images of Tsum Tsum versions of characters, including Mickey, Minnie, Stitch and more.
- There is also a small “Hidden” Mickey on the pink controller’s home button.
- Nintendo has said the new Switch will be an updated model with increased battery life.
- The new Disney Tsum Tsum-inspired console will be released on October 10, along with the Disney Tsum Tsum Festival game.
- There is no word yet on whether or not we will see this new console outside of Japan.
- The bundle of the new console and Disney Tsum Tsum Festival will be ¥36,000, or roughly $335.
More on Disney Tsum Tsum Festival:
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc announced back in February that Disney Tsum Tsum Festival would be coming to the Americas exclusively on the Nintendo Switch system in 2019.
- The new game will bring Disney’s highly popular stuffed Tsum Tsum toys to Nintendo Switch for the first time ever.
- Disney Tsum Tsum Festival stars a large roster of beloved characters, including:
- Mickey and Minnie Mouse
- Buzz Lightyear
- Lightning McQueen
- And so many more
- Players will experience a myriad of party games that can be enjoyed both at home and on-the-go, by up to four players on a single Nintendo Switch, or players can choose to play online with Tsum Tsum fans around the world.
- The classic mobile Disney Tsum Tsum puzzle game will also be included in Disney Tsum Tsum Festival, enabling players to experience the fan favorite game on a larger screen and hone their Tsum Tsum connecting and popping skills.