- Disney’s 1955 animated classic, Lady and the Tramp is being reimagined as an original live-action film for Disney+.
- The film will star real live rescue dogs and will be voiced by an amazing cast of actors including:
- Justin Theroux
- Tessa Thompson
- Sam Elliott
- Janelle Monáe
- Ashley Jensen
- Benedict Wong
- Just today, People magazine shared an exclusive with photos of the canines and their human counterparts.
Justin Theroux as Tramp
- Theroux will voice Tramp, the scoundrel from the wrong side of the tracks who’s quite taken by Thompson’s Lady.
- Tramp is played by a rescue dog named Monte.
- Monte was saved from a kill-shelter in New Mexico by Halo Animal Rescue.
- He was then transferred to a shelter in Phoenix, AZ then adopted by Mark Forbes, one of the film’s animal trainers.
Tessa Thompson as Lady
- Thompson voices the classy and proper Lady, who learns some lessons about the real world from ownerless Tramp.
- Lady is played by a sweet Cocker Spaniel named Rose.
Sam Elliott as Trusty
- Elliott will voice Trusty, “the wise bloodhound with a lost sense of smell” in this adaptation of Lady and the Tramp.
Janelle Monáe as Peg
- Singer, songwriter, and actress Janelle Monáe will voice the ultra fluffy Peg.
- Monáe will sing in the film and also penned some new songs for this version.
Ashley Jensen as Jock
- Jensen will provide the perfect voice—and Scottish accent— for Jock the Scottish terrier
Benedict Wong as Bull
Wong will play one of Tramp’s pals, a bulldog cleverly named, Bull.
Lady and the Tramp premieres along with Disney+ on November 12. The film will be available exclusively on Disney’s new direct to consumer streaming service.