Marvel and Stitcher have announced they are producing a 10-episode podcast based on the four-part comic book Marvels. The Marvels podcast will premiere this fall exclusively on Stitcher Premium.
- Marvel New Media and Stitcher (Heaven’s Gate, Marvel’s Wolverine: The Lost Trail, The Dream) today announced Marvels, a new Marvel fictional podcast series, launching in fall 2019.
- The 10-episode series will be available exclusively on Stitcher Premium until 2020, when it will see a wide release across all podcast platforms.
- The series is part of the celebration marking the 25th anniversary of Kurt Busiek and Alex Ross’ award-winning four-part comic book Marvels, which was released to critical acclaim in 1994.
- Based on Marvels, this podcast revisits the story of photojournalist, Phil Sheldon, as he navigates through the chaos caused by the Galactus invasion of New York City and explores what it means to be human in a universe inhabited by Super Heroes.
Marvels Voice Cast:
- The show’s cast includes:
- Cliff “Method Man” Smith (Wu-Tang Clan, HBO’s The Deuce) as Ben Urich
- AnnaSophia Robb (Hulu’s The Act) as Marcia Hardesty
- Ethan Peck (In Time, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice) as Mr. Fantastic
- Seth Barrish (Showtime’s Billions) as Phil Sheldon
- Louisa Krause as Sue Storm
- Jake Hart as Ben Grimm
- Ehad Berisha as Johnny Storm
- Teo Rapp-Olsson as Peter Parker
- Gabriela Ortega as Charlie Martinez
About the podcast:
- “Marvels takes place in the aftermath of the Fantastic Four’s battle with Galactus, high above New York City, for the fate of the world. One intrepid photographer, an ambitious college student, and a cynical journalist embark on an investigation to confirm or debunk one of the most super-powered conspiracy theories of all time.”
What they’re saying:
- Shane Rahmani, SVP and GM, Marvel New Media: “Building off our award-winning momentum of Marvel’s Wolverine: The Long Night and its sequel Marvel’s Wolverine: The Lost Trail, the New Media team is thrilled to continue to push the envelope of Super Hero storytelling via the scripted podcast medium. We are passionate about the space and feel we’ve brought the right cast, story, and intrigue in this latest installment.”
Marvels creative team:
- Stitcher and Marvel have assembled a writing and production team of some of the biggest names in the podcasting industry:
- Written by:
- Lauren Shippen (The Bright Sessions, The AM Archives)
- Directed by:
- Paul Bae (The Black Tapes, The Big Loop)
- Sound design will be overseen by:
- Mischa Stanton (The Bright Sessions, LeVar Burton Reads, The AM Archives)
- Produced by:
- Harry Go (of Marvel)
- Jennifer Manel (of Marvel)
- T. Square (of Stitcher)
- Written by: