During Marvel’s 80th anniversary panel at D23 Expo 2019, Marvel, SiriusXM and Pandora announced plans to launch an all-new exclusive music station and limited-time channel: “Marvel’s 80th: The Road to Marvel Comics #1000” to celebrate 80 years of Marvel.
- The Pandora station and limited-time SiriusXM channel 4, and SiriusXM On Demand, start Thursday August 29, just two days before the anniversary.
- “Marvel’s 80th: The Road to Marvel Comics #1000” will take listeners on a journey through eight decades of music, pop culture, and the Marvel Universe, starting in 1939.
- Host Mike Rubens will guide listeners year to year with lively commentary tying each song to some of the most defining events in the Marvel Universe – along with the real-life history that happened right outside our windows.
- The celebratory music programming, specially curated by Marvel with Pandora and SiriusXM, features some of the most iconic songs through the ages, including classics from Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley; era-defining songs from The Rolling Stones, Duran Duran, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Madonna, and Prince; and explosive chart-topping hits from Eminem, Kanye West, The Weeknd, and more from the most popular music artists across generations.
- Starting August 29, the complete “Marvel’s 80th: The Road to Marvel Comics #1000” experience will be available on the Pandora app and on a special pop-up Marvel radio channel on SiriusXM, available on its satellite and streaming platform, as well as On Demand.
- MARVEL COMICS #1000 is a massive, oversized, special-edition comic book featuring the greatest array of luminaries from both classic and current comic books.
- Marvel Comics #1000 goes on sale August 28 at comic shops everywhere.
- Guests of Marvel’s 80th anniversary panel at D23 Expo received an exclusive cover of the special comic, featuring Mickey Mouse with some of Earth’s mightiest heroes.
Be sure to check out our guide for D23 Expo 2019, including the complete schedule of panels and character meet-and-greets.