Marvel has some very bizarre characters and two of them are coming to Disney Channel. A Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur animated series from Disney Television Animation has been ordered by Disney Channel.
- The series follows the adventures of 13-year-old super-genius Lunella Lafayette and her ten-ton T-Rex, Devil Dinosaur.
- After Lunella accidentally brings Devil Dinosaur into present-day New York City via a time vortex, the duo works together to protect the city's Lower East Side from danger.
- Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur will be executive produced by Laurence Fishburne and Helen Sugland's Cinema Gypsy Productions, Marvel Animation & Family Entertainment, and Emmy Award winner Steve Loter.
- The news was announced today by Laurence Fishburne during Disney Television Animation's panel at Disney's D23 Expo.
- Jeff Howard and Kate Kondell will serve as co-producers and story editors.
- The series was originally rumored to be coming back in February.
What they’re saying:
- Laurence Fishburne, executive producer: "As an avid comic book fan, I am thrilled to be involved with 'Marvel's Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur.' Disney Channel is the perfect platform to explore this pint-sized female African American superhero and I can't wait for their audience to enjoy the lighthearted adventures of Lunella and Devil Dinosaur."
- Meredith Roberts, senior vice president, Animation Strategy, Disney Channels: "Disney TV Animation is thrilled to collaborate with renowned producers Laurence, Helen and Steve and the talented Marvel Animation team to bring this modern-day roller-skating, gadget-wielding tween superhero and her larger-than-life partner to Disney Channel."
- Cort Lane, senior vice president, Marvel Animation & Family Entertainment: "Lunella doesn't know she is the smartest person on the planet, but audiences will soon know how very cool Moon Girl is. Her adventures with giant buddy, Devil Dinosaur, are filled with so much wonder and joy, and this historic partnership with Disney Television Animation and Cinema Gypsy Productions proved the right formula to bring them to television."
Laughing Place D23 Expo Coverage sponsored by MouseFanTravel.com - Recommended for all your Disney travel planning