The library for Disney+ continues to grow with more and more exciting new content. Dwayne Johnson’s Seven Bucks Productions will be teaming with The Nacelle Company to produce a new docuseries titled Behind the Attraction for the Disney streamer, according to Variety.
- The new series will give viewers a look at the history of some of their favorite Disney attractions and destinations and show how they came to be.
- It will feature interviews with fans, Walt Disney Imagineers and other people behind the scenes of these attractions.
- Disney+ has ordered 10 on-hour episodes of the new docuseries.
- Johnson, Dany Garcia, Hiram Garcia, Brian Gewirtz, and Kevin Hill will executive produce on behalf of Seven Bucks Productions while Brian Volk-Weiss, Robin Henry, and Cisco Henson will do the same for The Nacelle Company.
- Volk-Weiss will also direct the new series.
- There has been no announcement regarding when Behind the Attraction will debut but Disney+ will launch on November 12.
What they’re saying:
- Dan Silver, vice president of originals and unscripted content for Disney+: “Behind the Attraction is the quintessential Disney+ project. Best-in-class storytellers collaborating across multiple Disney units to mine and pull back the curtain on our rich Disney history. Dwayne, Dany, and Seven Bucks have not only established themselves as some of the most accomplished and prolific producers across multiple genres, but have been long time valued members of The Walt Disney family. And Brian and Nacelle’s track record, mindset, and uber-geekdom make them the ideal partners for this project. This is going to be a special series.”