- The day has finally come. It looks like construction has begun on Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway at Disneyland Park.
- Disneyland’s Toontown is home to Roger Rabbit’s Cartoon Spin as well as the “actual” homes of beloved characters:
- Donald Duck
- Minnie Mouse
- Mickey Mouse
- Chip and Dale
- Toontown features plenty of cartoony buildings and wacky designs, but fans particularly love the rolling green hills that served as a backdrop for the land.
- As of recently, the hills have been removed, indicating that construction is underway on Disneyland’s new attraction. Take a look:
- And just for fun, here’s what the land looked like before the hills were removed:
- While nothing has been confirmed, it is possible that the iconic hills will return once Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway is complete.
Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway:
- This fun attraction is joining Toontown and will take guests out of the park and right into a Mickey Mouse cartoon!
- Guests will start their adventure by visiting the toon theater to see a new Mickey & Minnie short, but things will take a crazy turn when they are pulled into the animated feature.
- This will be the first attraction at Disneyland to star Mickey Mouse.
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway is scheduled to open in 2022.
All photos by Jeremiah Good