Disney has ordered LeBron James’ 10-episodes docuseries, Becoming for Disney+.
- According to Deadline, Disney+ has ordered 10 episodes of a new docuseries from LeBron James, titled Becoming.
- The docuseries hails from James’ Springhill Entertainment, ESPN Films Spoke Studios and ITV America.
- Each episode will follow the upbringing of today’s world-class entertainers, musicians and athletes.
- Becoming will take audiences to celebrities hometowns including the important locations that impacted their upbringing and set them on their path to success.
- In addition to location visits, the series will also feature interview with the celebrity’s “supporting cast” including:
- Family members
- Celebrities to be featured in the series include:
- Anthony Davis
- Caleb McLaughlin
- Candace Parker
- Nick Cannon
- Becoming was originally developed in 2014 as a special for Disney XD with the intention of becoming an ongoing series. The 30-minute pilot episode focused on James and his rise as an athlete and professional.
- Produced by Springhill’s:
- LeBron James
- Maverick Carter
- Jamal Henderson
- Philip Byron
- Executive produced by Spoke Studios’
- Brent Montgomery
- Joe Weinstock
- Executive produced for ITV America by:
- Jordana Hochman
- Rebecca Bruno