Even after playing his part in the biggest time heist ever executed, it looks like Ant-Man will be returning to the Marvel Cinematic Universe for some more heisting fun. According to The Hollywood Reporter, a third Ant-Man movie is in the works and Peyton Reed has once again signed on to direct.
- Reed directed both Ant-Man in 2015 and Ant-Man and the Wasp in 2018 and has now reportedly signed on to direct the third film in the series.
- Few details have been released regarding the new movie, but Paul Rudd is expected to reprise his role as Scott Lang, better known as Ant-Man.
- This would mark Rudd’s fifth appearance as the character, after the two Ant-Man films, Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Endgame.
- No plot details or release date have been shared at this time.
- Marvel reportedly plans to begin filming Ant-Man 3 at the end of 2020 or early 2021, setting up for a 2022 release date.
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and Thor: Love and Thunder will reportedly still shoot before this third Ant-Man movie.
- Ant-Man earned nearly $520 million worldwide while Ant-Man and the Wasp grossed more than $620 million worldwide.
- Some of Reed’s other notable credits include Yes Man and multiple episodes of the hit sitcom New Girl.
- When last we saw Scott Lang and company, they were happily reunited after defeating Thanos at the conclusion of Avengers: Endgame.