This January, Hulu’s quirky comedy, Shrill returns for a second season. Ahead of the show’s premiere, Entertainment Weekly shared first look images giving fans a taste of what to expect from Annie and her friends.
- Entertainment Weekly has shared five first look photos at the second season of the Hulu Original Shrill.
- The new season is set to return on January 24, 2020 with the first of eight episodes focusing on Aidy Bryant’s Annie, a thirty-something journalist struggling with self-acceptance.
- Throughout the season, Annie will continue to face challenges from her overbearing mother, inconsiderate boyfriend, and her demanding boss. Fortunately, her friend and roommate, Fran, is never too far away.
Season 2 synopsis:
- “Annie’s journey continues soon after she quit her job after confronting a bitter internet troll, when she realizes sacrificing her income for her integrity might’ve been a hasty move.”
The series stars:
- Aidy Bryant
- Julia Sweeney
- Luka Jones
- Lolly Adefope
- John Cameron Mitchell
- Executive-produced by:
- Lorne Michaels
- Elizabeth Banks, Bryant (also a co-writer)
- Ali Rushfield (also showrunner)
- Lindy West
- Andrew Singer
- Max Handelman
- Alex watched all six season one episodes and shares his thoughts on the quirky series.
- There’s plenty more original content coming to Hulu this fall. On November 15, the Kat Dennings led comedy, Dollface debuts with all 10-episodes available to stream.
- Hulu’s dark drama, Reprisal, starring Abigail Spencer, hits the platform on December 6.