Disney Theatrical has announced they are temporarily cancelling the production of Mary Poppins at the Prince Edward Theater in London.
- The official Mary Poppins Musical account shared another tweet with updated information regarding the cancellation of Mary Poppins.
- At this time, the production has made the decision to cancel all shows through April 26th.
- In their full tweet (seen below) they note that refunds and rescheduling will be accommodated but that this process will take longer than usual.
- This morning, Disney Theatrical announced the temporary cancellation of Mary Poppins, playing at the Prince Edward Theater in London since October 23rd, 2019, with a run that is scheduled to go until September 20th, 2020.
- The news was shared via the show’s official Twitter account.
— Mary Poppins Musical (@MaryPoppins) March 17, 2020
- This news comes as the entire West End closes down. Earlier this week, New York City closed Broadway, which caused Disney’s productions of Frozen, Aladdin, and The Lion King to temporarily close as well.