A South Florida man was arrested for spitting on a Walt Disney World security guard who was enforcing mask policies, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
- A man from Palm Beach was charged with a felony after reportedly spitting on a Walt Disney World security guard at Disney’s Contemporary Resort who asked him to put on his required mask.
- The man, 51 year old Kelly McKin, was charged with a battery on a security officer according to court records.
- According to the arrest report, the security guard approached McKin on February 5th and confronted him about wearing his mask on Disney property as he was walking into the convention center at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Asking if he needed directions, McKin replied “I’m a guest.” She told him the convention center was closed and asked him to put on his mask, and he said he would do so once he was inside the building. The guard reminded McKin that masks are required at all times while on Disney property when “[McKin] told her to leave him alone, and took a stop towards her and spit on her. The spit did not make direct contact but some saliva did hit her on her left forehead”
- Reportedly, the guard did not have a radio and went to get backup while McKin disappeared inside the hotel. She notified superiors that she had been at risk of COVID-19 exposure and told authorities she was willing to press charges.
- On February 6th, the next day, the man was identified by surveillance footage, when the Orange County Sheriff’s Office arrived on scene to arrest McKin, who was also trespassed from Disney property.
- The arrest report says that McKin adamantly denied spitting on the guard, but she says she identified him easily by his long gray beard and mustache.
What They’re Saying:
- Disney spokeswoman Andrea Finger: “Millions of guests visit our theme parks each year, and in rare instances when things of this nature occur, we hold them accountable.”