While taking our stroll through the A Touch of Disney event at Disney California Adventure, we noticed something that caught us off guard, (Technically speaking) the first attraction to reopen at the park, the operation of the Games of Pixar Pier!
- The games are highly interactive with numerous touch points so it was a little surprising to see, but watching the gameplay for a moment will reveal that Cast Members are on hand to sanitize and clean all the surfaces players might touch in between rounds.
- Plastic dividers have also been installed between stations to provide that barrier between individuals who want to play. Gameplay is also limited to an individual party, meaning strangers won’t be competing against strangers for that elusive Heimlich plush.
- There are four games on Pixar Pier, but when we saw them open, only three (Bullseye Stallion Stampede, Heimlich’s Candy Corn Toss, and Wall-E Space Race) were operating. The La Luna Star Catcher was behind a curtain and not operating. We are unclear as to why, considering the precautions taken on the other games could also be applied to this one, where guests hold a magnetic fishing road over stars floating in a trough to pick one that determines their prize.
- Interestingly, the games of Pixar Pier are considered an attraction at the park, listed as such on the park map. This particular map is from the Disneyland After Dark Event, Pixar Nite, taken about a week before the park’s closure in March of 2020. This means, by all Disney fan standards, that the Games of Pixar Pier are the first official attraction of Disney California Adventure to reopen. So Disney fans, be sure to remember that for trivia contests in the distant future.
- On the first day of the event, the three games were operating at no additional cost to those attending the Touch of Disney event at Disney California Adventure, different from the previous operation of the games. It is unclear at this time if the games will be available throughout the event, or will revert back to the additional charge to play.
- For more of A Touch of Disney at Disney California Adventure, be sure to check out the replay of our live Walk and Talk below!