Disney has announced a new animation division, 20th Television Animation, that will be led by longtime animation executive, Marci Proietto, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
- As part of the Walt Disney Company’s reorganization, a newly launched animation unit, 20th Television Animation has been created and longtime studio executive Marci Proietto has been tapped to lead it.
- 20th Television Animation will focus on growing and maintaining the vast 20th Century Fox animation library that is now owned by the Walt Disney Company.
- Proietto will serve as the executive vice president of 20th Television Animation, overseeing all the animated series, including the 11 current series and other projects in developing while reporting to Disney Television’s President of Entertainment, Craig Hunegs.
- The division will oversee favorites like The Simpsons, Family Guy and Bob's Burgers along with Hulu's recently ordered Koala Man, Solar Opposites, Fox's The Great North, Apple's Central Park and HBO Max's upcoming The Prince, and others that are in various stages of development across different broadcast and streaming platforms.
- Proietto joined the studio right out of college, where she started as an assistant to the head of production, joining The Simpsons in its sixth season and has worked on every animated property the studio has made since, including King of the Hill, Futurama, Family Guy, American Dad and more. She has been involved on more than 2,440 episodes of 22 series in her 29 years with 20th.
What They’re Saying:
- Craig Hunegs, president of entertainment at Walt Disney Television: "Many of the greatest family sitcoms on television —The Simpsons, Family Guy, Bob’s Burgers, Solar Opposites, Central Park, The Great North and the list goes on — come from the genius creators 20th Television Animation has assembled and nurtured over the past two decades. Marci has been a part of all of these phenomenal successes. She is an extraordinary executive who is much beloved and respected by our creators and her studio team. And knowing Marci’s relentless passion, we’re just getting started.”
- Marci Proietto: "This studio is literally the only place I’ve ever worked, and I’ve been fortunate to have a front row seat to the creativity and genius of artists like Matt Groening, Seth MacFarlane, Loren Bouchard and Justin Roiland. I love what we get to do and I am grateful to Craig and Dana Walden for this vote of confidence. This is truly a boom time in adult animation and I’m excited to continue to build on the leadership of this studio with this new production unit laser-focused on growing our roster of successful animated series.”