Your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man has found a brand new neighborhood. Netflix has announced that they will be the new streaming home of Sony Pictures films after they complete their theatrical runs. This includes the upcoming sequels to films like Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and Venom.
- Netflix made this announcement via their Twitter account and their tweet mentioned several films.
- Several Marvel-related films were mentioned in the tweet, including the aforementioned Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse and Venom, as well as Morbius.
- Interestingly, the tweet does not mention the upcoming Spider-Man: Far From Home sequel, which is the only one of the upcoming Sony films considered to be a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Ironically, it does mention the Uncharted film, which stars Peter Parker himself, Tom Holland.
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, which was released in 2018, won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature.
- Venom: Let There Be Carnage is the sequel to the 2018 Venom film starring Tom Hardy.
- Morbius will mark the big screen debut of Marvel’s resident vampire, Michael Morbius, played by Jared Leto.