During the Disneyland Paris 29th anniversary celebration, David Duffy, Vice President of Entertainment at Disneyland Paris, sat down with Ambassador Giona Prevete to discuss entertainment at the resort including costume changes coming for characters.
- David gave some background on how he got to the role, starting in Florida working at the Walt Disney World Resort as a performer, where he was then given the opportunity to work as a show director and writer for Disney Cruise Line and more.
- David is looking to bring back as much of the entertainment as quickly and safely as possible once they are allowed to reopen.
- David says they will continue to have surprise appearances of characters and new selfie spot locations coming, one of them shared by David will be near the Videopolis Theater featuring Star Wars characters.
- Over 50 characters will be making appearances including the Cheshire Cat train and more.
- Magical moments with characters similar to the “Kiss Good Night” at Main Street Station will be coming including a new song.
New character costumes and old favorites will also be coming soon, some that Guests haven’t seen for a very long time.
Disneyland Paris Celebrates 29th Anniversary:
- If interested, you can watch the full video celebration, as Giona discussed the future of Disneyland Paris with Imagineer Beth Clapperton and David Duffy, Vice President of Entertainment.
- He also spoke to Imagineer Yves Benyeta and Catherine Chevreux, Manager Consumer Insight to discuss the history of the resort.
- Former resort president Philippe Bourguignon and Natacha Rafalski, current president of Disneyland Paris Resort, both came out to discuss Philippe’s memories and a glimpse into the future.
If you need more Disneyland Paris content, check out our Interactive Park Maps where you can explore Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney Studios Park from the opening till now.