The 2021 Tribeca Festival has unveiled its feature film lineup, coming once again to celebrate the stories of amazing filmmakers, and a few titles coming to Disney+ and Hulu are on the list!
- The Tribeca Festival takes place June 9 to June 20 this year, with a feature lineup that includes 66 films from filmmakers across the globe and 54 world premieres.
- The festival has curated a stunning program from nearly 3,000 submissions, with more than 60% of this year’s films having been directed by women, BIPOC, and LGBTQ+ filmmakers. Films slated to premiere at the 2020 Tribeca Film Festival, but postponed due to COVID-19, will also screen at the festival.
- The 66 films span three competition sections as well as the annual event’s Viewpoints, Spotlight, Midnight, Movies Plus, and Tribeca Critics’ Week sections, and two titles coming to Disney+ and Hulu are among the titles in the festival lineup.
- SPOTLIGHT NARRATIVE
- Anticipated premieres from acclaimed filmmakers and performers are the focus of the Spotlight Narrative section which continues to be a launching pad for the most buzzworthy new films.
- False Positive, directed by John Lee, written by John Lee & Ilana Glazer. Produced by John Lee, Ilana Glazer, Jonathan Wang. (United States) – World Premiere. After fertility struggles, a couple seem to have found their savior in a celebrated reproductive specialist. But as hope transforms to happiness, the now-expectant mother is thrown into a spiral of suspicion, threatening her grasp on reality. With Ilana Glazer, Justin Theroux, Gretchen Mol, Sophia Bush, Zainab Jah, and Pierce Brosnan. This title is coming to Hulu and will debut on June 25th.
- SPOTLIGHT DOCUMENTARY
- Documentaries consistently make waves at Tribeca as notable filmmakers and major stories are represented in this section through high-profile premieres.
- Wolfgang, directed by David Gelb, written by Brian McGinn. Produced by Jason Sterman, Brian McGinn, David Gelb. (United States) – World Premiere. From acclaimed filmmaker and Tribeca alum David Gelb (Jiro Dreams of Sushi, Chef’s Table) comes another mouthwatering delight of a film about one of the first “celebrity chefs” to rule the scene and a pioneer in the world of California cuisine, Wolfgang Puck. With Wolfgang Puck, Barbara Lazaroff, Byron Puck, Christina Puck, Nancy Silverton, Evan Funke, Ruth Reichl, Laurie Ochoa & Michael Ovitz. In Austro-Bavarian, English with English subtitles. A Disney+ release.
What They’re Saying:
- Cara Cusumano, Festival Director and Vice President of Programming for the Tribeca Festival: “After a year of closed cinemas, canceled gatherings, and virtual everything, it is with joy and hope that we finally invite New Yorkers out of their homes and back to the movies. Immersed in the city itself, Tribeca 2021 will bring once-in-a-lifetime big-screen experiences to filmmakers and audiences alike as we reconnect, re-imagine, and reopen through the shared experience of film.”