This month’s Black History Always programming focuses on the story of Jackie Robinson in a new 30 minute special streaming exclusively through The Undefeated on ESPN+.
- Legendary Baseball Hall of Fame player Jackie Robinson is the subject of this month’s “Black History Always” special, We Are All Jackie.
- In this special, Doug Glanville, Brandon Bellamy, Howard Bryant, Sharon Robinson, and Lisa Salters express the importance of Robinson’s indelible role on and off the baseball field.
- The program covers themes of acceptance, belonging and determination in a series of letters written to Robinson from a modern-day perspective.
- A roundtable discussion, hosted by The Undefeated’s Bill Rhoden with Bryant and Glanville in addition to Bob Kendrick, will complement the program on April 30th, at Undefeated.com.
- We Are All Jackie is streaming now via The Undefeated on ESPN+ where viewers can also watch a selection of “Black Baseball Stories” under the platform’s related tab.
Black History Always:
- ESPN is focused on celebrating Black history on the 29th of each month, not only in February, but always.
- In recognition of the 2021 Major League Baseball season, The Undefeated on ESPN+ is celebrating the achievements of those throughout the sport in We Are All Jackie.
- In addition, the 30-minute program highlights Robinson as his legacy continues to encourage others today.
The Undefeated on ESPN+:
- The Undefeated on ESPN+ enhances ESPN and Disney’s ongoing commitment to telling Black stories and establishes a year-round collaboration between the two brands that creates and curates content powered by The Undefeated.
- This includes a mix of premium storytelling, relevant collections from The Undefeated and ESPN+ libraries and additional special projects like Black History Always.
- The Undefeated on ESPN+ seeks to elevate Black voices in sports, highlight Black communities within sports and explore the positive off-field/off-court work of Black athletes and leaders.