To celebrate May the 4th, Lucasfilm and The Walt Disney Company commissioned original artwork from global artists that will be showing up on Disney+.
- Lucasfilm and The Walt Disney Company have commissioned original artwork from artists all over the world to appear on the landing pages for Star Wars movies and series on Disney+.
- The artwork will start appearing today, Friday, April 30 with the first piece being displayed on the Star Wars landing page by artist Zi Xu. The incredible mural shows the heroes and villains of the saga.
Additional artwork will continue to be displayed from Tuesday, May 4 through Saturday, May 9 on the landing pages of Star Wars movies and series including:
- Star Wars: A New Hope
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- The Mandalorian
What They’re Saying:
- Jerrell B Jimerson, EVP of Products & Design, Disney+: “We are constantly challenging ourselves to create experiences that engage fans more deeply and creatively with the Disney+ user interface. Whenever they open the app, we want viewers to feel like they are entering a truly unique Disney experience. For this year’s “May the 4th,” we teamed up with Lucasfilm to celebrate the fans that make this day possible by showcasing multiple pieces of impressive fan art created by the Star Wars community on Disney+.”