Nothing is exempt from celebrating Star Wars Day (May the Fourth) not even Major League Baseball! While the players in tomorrow’s match up between the American League’s Astros and Yankees might not be using the Force on the field, ESPN’s commentators will be tapping into the energy in the call box with themed costumes, ties, and graphics.
- ESPN’s Major League Baseball coverage for the week ahead will feature a Star Wars-themed telecast on Tuesday, May 4, when the New York Yankees host the Houston Astros at 7:30 pm ET.
- The Star Wars-themed telecast is in celebration of “May the Fourth” and will feature ESPN commentators dressed in full costume as Star Wars characters, plus custom on-screen animations.
- Dressing for the occasion are
- Karl Ravech as Luke Skywalker
- Tim Kurkjian as Yoda
- Eduardo Perez as a Jawa
- Meanwhile, Marly Rivera will report from Yankee Stadium.
- Kurkjian and ESPN commentator and resident Star Wars expert Clinton Yates will share MLB names with Star Wars ties, and Kurkjian will highlight his favorite FORCE plays of all-time.
- Steve Levy as Darth Vader will anchor studio highlights during the game.
- The May the Fourth game will be broadcast on ESPN and the ESPN App.