Mayans M.C., the hit outlaw biker drama, has been renewed for a fourth season at FX, according to Variety.
- The news of the renewal comes just ahead of the season 3 finale, which is set to air on May 11.
- The fourth season of the series, which was co-created by Elgin James and Sons of Anarchy creator Kurt Sutter, will air in 2022.
- Mayans M.C. stars:
- JD Pardo
- Ray McKinnon
- Carla Baratta
- Danny Pino
- Michael Irby
- Raoul Max Trujillo
- Richard Cabral
- Emilio Rivera
- Sarah Bolger
- Sulem Calderon
- The series is executive produced by James, Michael Dinner, and Sutter.
About Mayans M.C.:
- “Mayans M.C. follows the life of Ezekiel “EZ” Reyes, a newly patched member of the Mayans M.C. charter on the Cali/Mexi border. Once the golden boy with the American Dream in his grasp, EZ and his brother Angel are closer than ever after uncovering the truth behind their mother’s murder while their father Felipe struggles to reconcile the choices he and his sons have made.”
What they’re saying:
- Nick Grad, president of original programming for FX Entertainment: “Elgin James, his creative collaborators, this incredible cast and crew delivered on another epic season of Mayans M.C. Through three seasons, Mayans has told stories that resonate well beyond the border where the club thrives and survives, inviting fans inside their world and giving them a seat at the table.”
- Co-creator Elgin James: “I am deeply indebted to everyone at FX and 20th for allowing us to continue to tell the stories of the characters that Kurt and I created and whom our cast and crew took to new heights in season 3. In season 4 we look forward to diving deeper into each character’s truths, exploring the danger of the combustible world they inhabit, and for each writer, cast member and crew to stake out our place as storytellers.”