A tweet from the official Mary Poppins musical account has announced that the award winning stage musical is looking for talented young boys to play the role of Michael.
- The official twitter account for Mary Poppins, the award winning stage musical performed at the Prince Edward Theatre in London, England.
- The theater tweeted late last month that the musical would return on August 7th, but a post earlier today revealed that the musical is now casting boys to play Michael in the musical that is practically perfect in every way.
- The tweet announces that Boys are required to play Michael and auditions will be held this Saturday, May 15th in London, and that the performer must be age 9 and under 4’8. The post says that they must be a very good singer and available from June 2021 to March of 2022, and can live anywhere in England and Wales.
- Those interested can email: [email protected]
- Disney and Cameron Mackintosh’s multi award-winning musical Mary Poppins opened at the Prince Edward Theatre
- in 2019 to critical acclaim. The magical story of the world’s favourite Nanny is triumphantly and spectacularly brought to the stage with dazzling choreography, incredible effects and unforgettable songs.
- The stage production of Mary Poppins is brilliantly adapted from the wonderful stories by PL Travers and the original film. It is co-created by Cameron Mackintosh and has a book by Oscar-winning screenwriter and Downton Abbey creator, Julian Fellowes. With a timeless score by Richard M Sherman and Robert B Sherman including the classic songs; “Jolly Holiday,” “Step in Time,” “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious,” and “Feed the Birds” with new songs and additional music and lyrics, including “Practically Perfect,” by the Olivier award-winning British team of George Stiles and Anthony Drewe.