Last night’s episode of Saturday Night Live took us into a strange scenario at the Muppet Theater with some overzealous security provided by host Keegan-Michael Key.
- Last night, Saturday Night Live took some playful jabs at some favorite characters from The Muppet Show, with the classic hecklers Statler and Waldorf getting bounced from the balcony of the theater.
- Hosted by Keegan-Michael Key (Toy Story 4), the episode features the comedy sketch with Key and series regular Kenan Thompson as bouncers at The Muppet Show theater for a “new episode” that is coming to Disney+, along with WandaVision, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and a new fictional show based on Hawkeye and his family.
- An unlicensed Kermit the Frog opens the show as usual, with guest star Lily Tomlin (played by show regular Melissa Villasenor).
- As is the norm, Muppet characters Statler and Waldorf are recreated as they are seen in the balcony heckling the Muppet below when Key and Thompson show up as theater security threatening that if they don’t shut up and enjoy the show, they’ll be tossed. Upon trying to explain themselves and that's the routine, the security guards quickly interrupt and emphasize they don’t work for the Muppets, they work for the venue.
- The heckling continues as usual, and security ends up beating up and attempting to bounce the pair before realizing that their lower half is missing and assuming they are veterans. Security thanks the two for their service and then gets in on the act heckling Kramer/Kermit, that little dragon on stage.