- Rhodes, who starred in Moonlight, will play the controversial heavyweight champion in an eight-part series titled Iron Mike.
- Production on the series will begin later this year.
- Iron Mike comes from Steven Rogers, who wrote I, Tonya, and director Craig Gillespie.
- Margot Robbie will executive produce and Mixed-ish’s Karin Gist will serve as showrunner and executive producer.
- Rogers, Rhodes and Gillespie will also executive produce and the series will come from 20th Television.
- That group will also be joined by Clubhouse Pictures’ Bryan Unkeless and Scott Morgan, LuckyChap’s Tom Ackerley and Entertainment 360’s Darin Friedman.
- Some of Rhodes’ other credits include the hit Netflix film Birdbox as well as Hulu’s The United States vs. Billie Holiday.
What they’re saying:
- Craig Erwich, President of ABC Entertainment and Hulu Originals: “Biographical pictures are a fan favorite and a staple of the movie and television business and frequently the subjects are not involved. We have a strategy of taking a modern lens and applying it to stories and figures of popular culture of the past. We’ve had a lot of success doing that and I think it reveals interesting things, not just about where we’ve been but where we are so we’re looking forward to continuing the creative conversations behind Iron Mike.”