Disney+ has announced a new series coming July 16 from executive producer Dwayne Johnson — Behind the Attraction, taking viewers behind the scenes on some of the most popular attractions around Disney Parks.
- Disney+ is giving fans an exclusive peek at some of the most beloved attractions and destinations at Disney Parks and Resorts around the world including Jungle Cruise and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Viewers will hear the stories behind each and learn how Imagineers designed and built them.
- The series will include rare interviews with Walt Disney, and each features exclusive interviews with Disney Legends and past and present Imagineers including Bob Weis, Jeanette Lomboy, Kim Irvine, Scott Trowbridge, Tom Fitzgerald, Scot Drake, Carmen Smith, Joe Rohde, and others.
- D23 Members wanting to learn more can read about the new series in the summer issue of D23 magazine starting on page 14.
- Behind the Attraction comes to Disney+ on July 16 with all 10 episodes releasing on the same day.
What They’re Saying:
- Brian Volk-Weiss, executive producer and director: “Getting to work with Disney AND Seven Bucks has not only been the honor of my career, it was also a LOT of fun, which I hope people will feel when they watch the show!”
About the Series:
- “Peek beyond the magic of Disney Parks to discover what’s Behind the Attraction! From Executive Producers Dwayne Johnson, Dany Garcia, and Brian Volk-Weiss, explore how Imagineers filled the Haunted Mansion with 999 happy haunts, how the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ transformed into Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! (while defying gravity in the process) and why Space Mountain took so long to launch. From the 1950s to today, from Jungle Cruise to “it’s a small world” to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, Disney Parks attractions have amazed millions. And this is the story of how they did it.”
- The 10-part original series is executive produced by Dwayne Johnson (Jungle Cruise) and Dany Garcia through their Seven Bucks Productions banner, directed by Brian Volk-Weiss (The Toys That Made Us) from The Nacelle Company, and is narrated by Paget Brewster (Criminal Minds).