ABC has announced a new series — Superstar, coming from the producers of 20/20 and Truth and Lies, featuring rare footage and details about those who shaped American culture.
- ABC has announced Superstar, looking at rare footage and details about those who have shaped American culture including Whitney Houston, Kobe Bryant, Robin Williams, and more.
- The one-hour series will look at the lives of icons and feature interviews with friends and family, revealing the cost of fame through the highs and lows.
- The premiere episode (Wednesday, August 11 at 10:00 pm ET) will look at Whitney Houston, featuring a never-before-seen private video showcasing Houston in a new light.
What They’re Saying:
- David Sloan, senior executive producer, Network Primetime Content: “It is exciting to watch the legacy 20/20 brand expand, first with Truth and Lies and now with the Superstar series. Our talented team uses the skills they’ve honed from producing two-hour 20/20 programs to provide unmatched reporting and fresh insight into these icons.”
About Superstar: Whitney Houston:
- “Superstar: Whitney Houston features new interviews with those who knew Houston including musicians Brandy, Chaka Khan, BeBe Winans and Darlene Love; Narada Michael Walden, musician and producer; Michael Bearden, musical director; and Savion Glover, dancer and choreographer. It also includes interviews with Houston and Bobby Brown from the ABC News archives.”
Superstar: Whitney Houston will air on Wednesday, August 11 from 10:00 – 11:00 pm ET on ABC. It can be seen on demand the next day on Hulu.