Marvel has announced Black Panther Legends, a miniseries telling a new origin story for Black Panther geared toward middle-grade readers.
- Marvel and SYFY have teamed up for a new miniseries geared towards middle-grade readers on the origin story of Black Panther with Black Panther Legends coming out this October.
- Black Panther Legends will kick off the all-ages Marvel Legends series, showcasing a new line of stories for young readers and longtime fans, exploring origin stories through a new lens, and adding new layers.
- The 4 part series is by author Tochi Onyebuchi (Beasts Made of Night, Riot Baby) and illustrator Setor Fiadzigbey (Bunheads).
About Black Panther Legends #1:
- “T'Challa and Hunter are brothers growing up in the idyllic royal palace of Wakanda. Theirs goes beyond the usual sibling rivalry, though — Hunter, although older, is adopted, and T'Challa is the true heir to the throne. Both brothers wrestle with fairness and the future, readying themselves for responsibility, when tragedy strikes and takes the choice from them.”
What They’re Saying:
- Tochi Onyebuchi speaking with SYFY: “Black Panther Legends is a deeply personal book, and I was given the opportunity to situate T'Challa and his family in a specific political and social context. There's some really cool stuff in here, but it's also a book about a family at a very particular time on the African continent. And I'm super grateful to Marvel for giving me the freedom to explore that and to ask, through his character, some very knotty questions about responsibility."