The cast of Hulu’s upcoming limited series The Dropout is finally set with nine actors joining the drama. Deadline has revealed the actors and roles they’ll play for this series based on the Elizabeth Holmes and her ambitious company Theranos.
- Deadline is reporting that Hulu has added several additional cast members to their limited series The Dropout about Elizabeth Holmes and her company Theranos.
- Joining Amanda Seyfried’s Holmes is:
- The Dropout Hails from creator and executive producer Liz Meriwether, Searchlight Television and 20th Television. It’s based on the ABC News/ABC Radio podcast of the same name that aired in 2019.
About the Series:
- “Holmes, the enigmatic Stanford dropout who founded medical testing start-up Theranos, was lauded as a Steve Jobs for the next tech generation. Once worth billions of dollars, the myth crumbled when it was revealed that none of the tech actually worked, putting thousands of people’s health in grave danger. Money. Romance. Tragedy. Deception. The story of Holmes and Theranos is an unbelievable tale of ambition and fame gone terribly wrong. How did the world’s youngest self-made female billionaire lose it all in the blink of an eye?”
About the Characters:
- Minnette plays Tyler Shultz, A biology major at the University of Stanford, and the grandson of George Shultz. After getting his first ever job at Theranos, he finds out that the company is manipulating data.
- Bochner plays Larry Ellison. Handsome, charismatic and wealthy, he’s interested in Elizabeth’s cutting-edge home healthcare innovation.
- Salahuddin plays Brendan Morris. Gruff yet intelligent, he is a lead electrical engineer at Elizabeth’s start-up, who takes the company’s tech in a different direction.
- Rajskub plays Lorraine Fuisz, Richard Fuisz’s (Wiliam H. Macy) wife.
- Ruck plays Jay Rosan. Jay works for Walgreens at the corporate headquarters in Chicago as part of the “Innovation Team”. He believes that Walgreens has been offered the opportunity of a lifetime.
- Hiroyuki Liao plays Edmond Ku. He is head of engineering at Elizabeth’s start-up, working feverishly to finish the prototype on a device that could reshape the healthcare industry.
- Endres plays Ana Arriola. Ana was a big designer at Apple, who Elizabeth recruited. She has reservations about how they’re testing the Theranos prototype.
- Kim plays Erika Cheung. A recent Berkeley graduate, she makes the decision to skip grad school to work at Theranos. After discovering the company is manipulating data, she sets off to find out, and ultimately expose, the truth.
- Leeds will appear as Roland. A know-it-all, he is the “Yes Man” to the CFO of Walgreen’s.