Featuring over 100 masterpieces from impressionist artists and choreographed to French-inspired music, Lasting Impressions will bring Art, Music, Wine together for an Immersive 3D/LED experience at Dr. Phillips Center Aug. 13th to Sept. 26th.
- Fresh off its world debut in Miami, the immersive art installation Lasting Impressions presented by the Dr. Phillips Center will be featured in the Alexis & Jim Pugh Theater for six weeks from August 13 through September 26, 2021.
- This unique event is more than a show, as guests will be immersed in the sights, sound and taste of impressionist-era France in a unique 110-minute, 3D/LED experience.
- Seated at bistro tables reminiscent of a French café—or in traditional theater seats—guests are treated to a greeting from Pierre-Auguste Renoir’s great-granddaughter Sofi Renoir, before taking an immersive journey through more than 100 paintings by Renoir and other Impressionist masters, such as: Monet, Van Gogh, Manet, Cezanne, Degas, Pissarro, Raffaelli, Caillebotte, Rousseau, Fantin-Latour, Gauguin, Seurat and Sisley.
- The paintings will leap off the screens with lightweight, 3D/LED glasses, while perfectly timed classical music from French composers creates an inspiring ambience, including pieces by Debussy and Ravel, as well as French standards by Charles Aznavour, Edith Piaf and Nana Mouskouri.
- Guests 21 and over can also sip wine and stroll through a visual display at the theater offering information about the painters and composers to bring the cabaret environment of French food, art, music and wine together.
- Lasting Impressions was created by an award-winning team of filmmakers, engineers, artists and animators, using a combination of visual, lighting and game-engine technology. To create the next-gen 3D effects, the team employed a proprietary holographic 3D/LED live technology that sends unique display images to the left and right eyes. Game-engine technology and animation used to create popular PlayStation® and Xbox products was another critical component of the installation’s development.
- As a result, guests become absorbed in the artists’ process, watching as individual brushstrokes transform the art into a finished masterpiece. Movement and animation within each painting make guests feel as if they are seeing the paintings come together through the eyes of the artists.
- Following its Orlando run, the installation will embark on a global tour, opening in Seoul, South Korea next month and Moscow sometime this fall.
- Lasting Impressions begins at Dr. Phillips Center Friday, August 13, and runs through Sunday, September 26, with three shows each day at 3 p.m., 5 p.m. and 7 p.m., Wednesday through Sunday.
- Single tickets at the Alexis & Jim Pugh Theater gallery level start at $40; tickets for a bistro table are $48 with a two-ticket minimum. Tickets for kids under 18 are $25. A $95 premium experience that includes a pre-show dinner is offered at 7 p.m. on select Friday and Saturdays. All tickets are now on sale at drphillipscenter.org.
What They’re Saying:
- Ed Kasses, Founding Member of Princeton Entertainment Group: “This partnership is a great opportunity with the Dr. Phillips Center. The combination of great impressionists’ painters and music will truly transport our audience members back to Paris in the 1880s and 1890s, bringing them into this world of art like never before, as though they were living in the brush strokes.”
- Dr. Phillips Center President and CEO Kathy Ramsberger: “Dr. Phillips Center has been collaborating with Princeton Entertainment Group for the past several months to build on the success of Miami by creating and expanding the guest experience. We believe ‘Lasting Impressions’ will be a new and unique guest experience of celebrating art, music and wine.”