Deadline is reporting that writing duo Jordan Reddout and Gus Hickey are expanding their relationships with ABC Signature and have signed a multi-year deal with the studio. Additionally, they are developing a sitcom Significant Others for ABC under the deal.
- Deadline has shared an exclusive report that writing team Jordan Reddout and Gus Hickey have signed a multi-year overall deal with ABC Signature.
- The deal includes the duo’s first original project for ABC, a sitcom titled Significant Others. Reddout and Hickey will write and executive produce the series which is inspired by their real-life friendship.
- In addition to Significant Others, the pair have also written for Freeform’s Grown-ish and ABC’s The Muppets. Other network experience includes co-executive producing ABC’s Mixed-ish, and Hulu’s Dollface.
- They’re currently serving as co-executive producers on the upcoming ABC series Queens which premieres this fall.
- Beyond Disney projects, the duo developed a reboot pilot based on the film Clueless for Peacock and were supervising producers for NBC’s Will & Grace.
About Significant Others:
- “In Significant Others, two best friends narrate the story of their twenties in Los Angeles and how their friendships evolved into a new type of chosen family.”
What They’re Saying:
- Jonnie Davis, President, ABC Studios: “Jordan and Gus are spectacular writers who have been hugely valuable on shows from grown-ish to Dollface, and now they are lending their considerable talents to our big fall priority for ABC, Queens. The comedy they are developing is both hilarious and authentic, no doubt because it is based on their own longtime friendship. We feel lucky to have them in the ABC Signature family.”