- Williams will reportedly play Matteo who is a collector: of music, of objects, of trivia, and mainly, of opinions. A passionate Brooklynite, he won’t just tell you where to find the best slice, he’ll drive you there to get it. He’d come across as a know it all if, in fact, he wasn’t so genuinely curious about everything. He’s a person keenly aware of people’s inclination to put everyone and everything into neat little boxes and he firmly refuses to conform.
- Williams recently wrapped a 12-season run as Jackson Avery on ABC’s long-running hit series Grey’s Anatomy.
- He is also set to star ing the upcoming film Marked Man and is filming Paramount’s Secret Headquarters.
About Olga Dies Dreaming:
- Olga Dies Dreaming is based on a novel by Xóchitl Gonzalez. Gonzalez will reportedly be writing and executive producing the pilot. Aubrey Plaza will also produce in addition to starring. Disney-Owned 20th Television will be the studio responsible for the production.
- Aubrey Plaza is reportedly set to star in the Hulu drama pilot.
- Olga Dies Dreaming will tell the story of a Nuyorican brother and sister (played by Plaza) from a gentrifying Sunset Park, Brooklyn, reckoning with the absent, politically radical mother and their glittering careers among New York City’s elite in the wake of Hurricane Maria.
- Plaza will play the title role of Olga, a renowned wedding planner whose surface successes mask a darker interior. For Olga, the pursuit of perfection has become a compulsive survival mechanism as she tries to climb as far from her past as she can. Still, she can’t shake the feeling that the important people she knows don’t see her as their equals and this nagging sense that her success is an illusion always leaves her wanting more.