ABC’s The View is returning for its 25th year with four co-hosts and a rotating guest co-host position to start the season. Additionally, with this year marking such a milestone, former co-hosts will join the Hot Topics table for Flashback Fridays, and ABC Audio will launch podcast episodes looking back at the show’s impressive history.
- ABC has announced that daytime talk show The View will kick off it’s 25th anniversary season on Tuesday, September 7th (11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. EDT).
- Also, notable for this start of the season, the ladies return to the Hot Topics table in the studio for the first time since March 2020.
- This year’s co-hosts will include:
- Moderator Whoopi Goldberg
- Joy Behar
- Sunny Hostin
- Sara Haines
- Political commentator Ana Navarro will continue to serve as guest co-host, making regular appearances throughout the season.
- Former Utah congresswoman Mia Love will also join as co-host during the premiere week.
- Following Love’s appearance, The View will welcome several conservative voices to guest co-host throughout the season as the search for a permanent co-host. Among the guests scheduled to appear this season are:
- Condoleezza Rice
- S.E. Cupp
- Carly Fiorina
- Eboni K. Williams
- Mary Katharine Ham
- Alyssa Farah
- Cameran Eubanks
- Gretchen Carlson
Celebrating 25 Years of The View:
- To commemorate this anniversary season, The View will welcome former co-hosts on Fridays to help celebrate the show’s incredible milestone.
- Star Jones returns to guest co-host for the first “Flashback Friday” and talk about her nine-season run as one of the show’s original hosts, Friday, September 10th.
Behind The Table:
- On September 14th, The View will debut Behind The Table, a special podcast series from ABC Audio featuring former and current co-hosts for an extraordinary look inside the talk show that has been making headlines since Barbara Walters first uttered the phrase, “I had this idea for a show.”
- From the exclusive interviews with celebrities, newsmakers and politicians to the behind-the-scenes stories and their Twitter-trending conversations on-air, nothing is off limits.
- New episodes to post weekly.
- “Behind The Table” is available as a special series within “The View” podcast feed. Listen for free on major podcast platforms, including:
What They’re Saying:
- Executive producer Brian Teta: “25 years is such an incredible milestone. We have so much planned to honor this amazing platform that Barbara Walters created. I can’t think of a better way to kick off that celebration than by welcoming the co-hosts back to the iconic View table and to have them in front of a live studio audience again. We have some truly exciting plans to celebrate this anniversary all season long. We’ll be inviting back all of our legendary lineup of former View co-hosts to guest as well as ‘taking a little time’ to find our next permanent co-host to join the panel.”