Zach Riddley has taken to his Instagram again to showcase the future of EPCOT right before our eyes, this time giving us a preview of a new mural coming to the new Creations Shop at the park.
- Imagineer Zach Riddley has taken to his own personal EPCOT preview center, his Instagram account, to again to show off more changes coming to the park.
- This time, we get to see one of the new murals installed at the new EPCOT Creations Shop, previously promised to open by the kick-off of the World’s Most Magical Celebration on October 1st.
- According to Riddley, this piece of art has a title: “Mouse in Motion.” He also added that “This mural is hand-painted, and as you move closer, you can see the brushstrokes and movement directly from the artist’s hands. And this mural is large – spanning over 35 feet. It is placed on the south end of our shop, in a position that you can admire from all corners of this new space.”
- Riddley continues, “The composition features Mickey Mouse in dynamic poses through a prism of colors. From left to right, Mickey is in a moment of movement and energy, recalling graphic inspiration drawn from print, media, and even street art. We were inspired by our legacy – leveraging hand-drawn linework and the look of Mickey Mouse from the time when Walt Disney World and EPCOT were first being dreamed up by Walt Disney and his early Imagineers. In the left portion of the composition, Mickey is proudly carrying a pennant emblazoned with the EPCOT logo, one of many nods to our past captured through our design.”
- Riddley also explained that “Since the beginning, murals like the ones we see at Spaceship Earth, Living with the Land, and all throughout World Showcase have been an important piece of EPCOT. Continuing this legacy of original art pieces, our team leading this transformation has found ways to represent both the creativity of the artists and the inspiration they bring to all who come to this place. This was a driving idea behind Creations Shop – a place dedicated to creative inspiration and commemoration that comes from the wonderful souvenirs we collect to mark our experiences.”
- The new Creations Shop coming to EPCOT will feature a bold, sleek design with impressive original murals and art expressions that showcase the global, contemporary icon that Mickey has become for generations. Adjacent to the shop will be a revitalized Club Cool Hosted by Coca-Cola. The space will also feature an open, bright and welcoming environment with huge glass walls that allow sunlight to pour into the shop. And of course, guests will be able to find all of the merchandise they can possibly want to commemorate their visit.
- Riddley has previously stated that Club Cool and the Creations Shop will be opening “very soon,” sometime before the start of Walt Disney World’s 50th anniversary on October 1, 2021.