Cricket Green (from Disney Channel’s Big City Greens) is up to his old shenanigans again, this time prank calling the cast of the hit Disney Channel original movie, Zombies.
- Fans of Big City Greens know that Cricket Green has a penchant for mischief, and Disney Channel has produced numerous quick little segments called Random Rings, where Cricket prank calls businesses like Pizzerias and even other Disney Channel personalities.
- In the latest of these Random Rings, Cricket calls the cast of the Disney Channel original movie, Zombies, including star Meg Donnelly, pretending to be Zed from the hit movie.
- In time, Cricket also pulls other stars Trevor Tordjman and Chandler Kinney into the call, attempting to stay in character the whole time until Meg decides to start mentioning how Tilly is her favorite member of the Green Family, causing Cricket to outburst and ruin the charade.
- This new Random Ring comes just ahead of a special episode premiere of Big City Greens on Disney Channel, “Squashed,” in which we see the Greens prepare for their Halloween party. While we don’t know much about the episode yet, we do know that Bill is disappointed by the poor yield of his small pumpkin patch and Gwendolyn Zapp’s alien chemical compound will come into play, making Bill’s pumpkins grow bigger. Knowing the hijinks of the series, this is all likely to go awry when the episode airs Saturday, October 9th at 8:30 AM.
- The series also comes to life when the young pastry chefs of Disney’s Magic Bake-Off set out to design cityscape cakes complete with fondant streets, sugar paper maps, and more on October 15th at 7:00 PM. Big City Greens creators and executive producers Chris and Shane Houghton are also set to join the magical kitchen as guest judges for the episode.
- This isn’t the first time a member of the Green family has called Zombies star Meg Donnelly. In a previous Random Ring, Tilly Green calls Meg trying to set her up on a date with a snowman she has built, since she has a knack for dating things that aren’t alive, as she saw in the movie, Zombies. You can see that clip in the compilation below, where Cricket also calls a pizzeria, and Launchpad from DuckTales.
- Big City Greens and Zombies are available to stream now on Disney+.
Originally from California where he studied a dying artform (hand-drawn animation), Tony has spent most of his adult life in the theme parks of Orlando. When he’s not writing for LP, he’s usually watching and studying something animated or arguing about “the good ole’ days” at the parks.