- Searchlight Pictures’ Antlers will finally make its world premiere on October 11 at Beyond Fest 2021.
- The film will then make its theatrical debut on October 29.
- Between those two dates, the film will be the subject of a series of events, including:
- “Fantastic Fest Presents” Special Screening with Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas in San Francisco and Austin on October 11
- The International Premiere at the 54 Sitges International Film Festival on October 13
- Closing Night of the 12 Annual Telluride Horror Show on October 17
- Special Drive-In Screening at the 57 Chicago International Film Festival on October 15
- Director Scott Cooper will host a horror retrospective in conjunction with Beyond Fest and the American Cinematheque this fall.
- Antlers stars Keri Russell and Jesse Plemons.
- The film tells the story of a teacher from a small town in Oregon, her brother, and the local sheriff who become entwined with a young student who is keeping a dangerous secret.
- Antlers was originally planned for an April 17, 2020 release before it was delayed.
- Directed by Scott Cooper, written by Henry Chaisson and Nick Antosca.
- Produced by Guillermo del Toro, David Goyer and J. Miles Dale.
What they’re saying:
- Beyond Fest Founder Christian Parkes: “Antlers features intense scares, a spectacular creature, riveting storytelling, accomplished performances, and the thrilling vision of Scott Cooper at the helm. We know our audiences will journey into the heart of the monster for this artful nail-biter. It’s an honor for us and the American Cinematheque to welcome Scott back, as we have celebrated his genre-spanning films from Crazy Heart to Out of the Furnace over the years.”
- Director Scott Cooper: “I made Antlers as a communal theatrical experience for cinema lovers. I can’t think of a more apt series of screenings to launch our film before audiences across the globe –audiences whom I hope share an appreciation for horror films with a different perspective on our everyday fears and ancestral mythology.”