Longtime moderator of The View, Whoopi Goldberg plans to stay at the head of the Hot Topics table a bit longer. The actress and television personality has inked a new four-year deal with ABC to remain on the talk show.
- The Hollywood Reporter is writing that Whoopi Goldberg has signed a new four-year contract with ABC to remain part of the network’s daytime talk show The View.
- With 15 seasons under her belt, Goldberg’s tenure at The View is the longest of all co-hosts. She’s been serving as moderator of the Hot Topics table since she joined the show in 2007.
- The View kicked off its 25th season on September 7th and Goldberg’s deal will see her remain part of the show through season 28.
- Along with Goldberg the panel of co-hosts includes Sara Haines, Joy Behar, and Sunny Hostin. Meghan McCain held the conservative panelist seat but left the show at the end of season 24.
- While The View searches for a permanent replacement for McCain, several guest co-hosts including Cindy McCain will join the ladies throughout this year:
- Condoleezza Rice
- Mia Love (returning after co-hosting during premiere week)
- Gretchen Carlson
- S.E. Cupp
- Eboni K. Williams
- Alyssa Farah
- Mary Katharine Ham
- Cameran Eubanks
- In addition to moderating the talk show, Goldberg is participating in The View podcast’s series of special episodes “Behind the Table.”
- These one-on-one conversations feature current co-hosts chatting with former co-hosts about the show’s impressive 25 year run as well as sharing details and stories from their time at the Hot Topics table.
- Nicolle Wallace joins Goldberg for Behind the Table on October 5th.