As Los Angeles County gets ready to enforce new COVID-19 policies at outdoor mega-events and theme parks, Universal Studios Hollywood has once again changed their mask policy, now requiring all guests to wear face coverings at all times.
- Universal Studios Hollywood has updated their policy regarding facial coverings based on guidance from the State of California.
- The new policy now states that all guests of Universal Studios Hollywood, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a face covering at all times in both indoor and outdoor locations.
- At Universal Citywalk however, face coverings are only required at indoor locations.
- The park’s official website has been updated to read:
The State of California strongly recommends that when you visit Universal Studios Hollywood you be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, or obtain a negative COVID-19 test result prior to visiting. Regardless of vaccination status, face coverings are required to be worn at all times, both indoors and outdoors, when visiting the theme park. At Universal CityWalk, face coverings are required to be worn within all indoor locations.
We encourage all guests to keep a safe distance between travel parties, and we remain focused on maintaining the highest cleanliness and sanitization standards. Guests should review and comply with all travel requirements including State Travel Advisories and Local Travel Advisories.
- This all comes a short time after Los Angeles County health officials announced that they are set to issue a new order that will require proof of COVID-19 vaccination at outdoor mega-events and theme parks. Those attending these events and theme parks without proof of vaccination will be required to show a negative test result within 72 hours prior to attending the event or park.
- Universal Studios Hollywood will fall under this county order as it lies in Los Angeles County, which is schedule to be enforced starting October 7th, according to L.A. Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer.