George Lucas is coming to Star Wars: The Black Series…as a stormtrooper. The creator of Star Wars is being honored with a special 6-inch figure as part of Hasbro’s line up of 50th Anniversary Lucasfilm collectibles.
(Please note this article contains affiliate links. Your purchase will support LaughingPlace by providing us a small commission, but will not affect your pricing or user experience. Thank you.)
UPDATE (9/29/2021): In addition to being available on Amazon, the George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise can also be pre-ordered on Entertainment Earth.
- The Force is with Hasbro and their latest addition to the Star Wars: The Black Series line.
- Inspired by the 50th anniversary of Lucasfilm, a new stormtrooper character has joined the collection and this one pays homage to creator George Lucas.
- StarWars.com has revealed the first look at the upcoming 6-inch figure that features Lucas in the stormtrooper costume The figure also comes with a removable helmet and blaster.
- Pre-orders for the George Lucas Stormtrooper are now open. The figure will ship to fans in 2022.
Star Wars The Black Series George Lucas (in Stormtrooper Disguise) 6-Inch Action Figure (Entertainment Earth)
Did You Know?:
- While this is George Lucas’ first appearance in the Black Series, it’s not the first time his likeness has been captured by a Hasbro action figure.
- The man behind the Star Wars franchise has appeared in figure form three times prior:
- 3.75-inch Rebel pilot Jorg Sacul – Star Wars Celebration II exclusive (2002)
- 3.75-inch Stormtrooper – The Saga Collection (2006)
- Baron Papanoida, Lucas’s character from the Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith – Lucas Collector’s Set (2006)
What They’re Saying:
- Vickie Stratford, Sr. Director of Product Design at Hasbro: “As a lifelong Star Wars fan, I have both the honor and privilege to bring characters from the franchise to life in product form every single day. When the opportunity came to design the George Lucas figure, we were especially excited for this project. This figure is just one of the many ways we can honor his legacy for years to come and we hope fans cherish it as much as we did!”