The Walt Disney Company has confirmed that its streaming service Disney+ will make its debut in Hong Kong on November 16, 2021.
- Variety reports that Disney+ is coming to Hong Kong, and at launch will offer access to over 1,200 films and 16,000 episodes of various Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic titles.
- The platform will be offered at HK$73 ($8.97) per month or as an annual package costing HK$738 ($95.6).
- Also included will be the Star button, a general entertainment brand lineup that ranges from comedies to dramas and thrillers, with content sourced from Disney Television Studios (ABC Signature and 20th Television), FX Productions, 20th Century Studios and Searchlight Pictures.
- Star will be the place to find new originals and Asian content.
- November will also see Disney+ start up in Taiwan and South Korea.
What They’re Saying:
- Kerwin Lo, GM, The Walt Disney Company, Taiwan and Hong Kong said: “We are excited to bring endless entertainment to audiences in Hong Kong through Disney+. From beloved classics to recent blockbuster releases and new original content, Disney+ will offer to consumers an exceptional and expansive selection of entertainment for all ages, all in one place. With Disney+, we aspire to engage and delight consumers through unparalleled storytelling, creative excellence and cutting-edge content delivery.”