Guests traveling to Canada aboard the Disney Wonder will have to undergo some different health and safety protocols from here in the United States prior to boarding. Let’s break down the updated requirements.
- The Canadian government’s requirements for cruise passengers visiting Canada are independent of Disney Cruise Line’s health and safety protocols.
- In addition to Canada’s requirements, all Disney Cruise Line guests must adhere to health and safety protocols outlined on the Know Before You Go page.
- These requirements include COVID-19 vaccination and embarkation testing, as well as all other required documentation uploaded to the Safe Passage website.
- Guests should review and stay up to date with any requirements or restrictions that may be in place for travel to Canada.
- Visit the Government of Canada’s website for information.
Requirements for Cruise Passengers Visiting Canada:
- ArriveCAN: Before sailing or entry into Canada, guests must create a profile and upload required documentation to ArriveCAN, Canada’s entry requirements program. ArriveCAN is available via the web or as an app for iOS and Android. The mobile app is complementary and is available in English, French and Spanish (displayed in the language of your device). Travelers can also submit their information by signing in online at Canada.ca/ArriveCAN. To be ready for your trip, create your free ArriveCAN account prior to travel.
- Upload Documentation in Advance of Travel: Canada requires proof of full COVID-19 vaccination for travelers 12 years of age and older. Proof of vaccination and travel and citizenship documents can be saved in your ArriveCAN traveler profile before any planned travel. We recommend that you download the ArriveCAN app and create a profile prior to sailing. If you're traveling with others, you can include multiple travelers in your ArriveCAN submission. Although you can upload digital versions of your documentation prior to sailing, we recommend that you also have physical copies of these documents accessible while traveling.
- The Canadian government’s requirements for cruise passengers visiting Canada are independent of Disney Cruise Line’s health and safety protocols. Currently, Disney Cruise Line continues to require all vaccine-eligible guests (based on US eligibility requirements) to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as defined by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), at the time of sailing. This is a requirement for all guests (US and international) ages 5 and older. The CDC also requires all unvaccinated guests on 5-night and longer sailings to take a COVID-19 antigen test (paid for by Disney Cruise Line) on the ship the day before debarking.
- Within 72 Hours of Arrival: To enter Canada you will need to complete an ArriveCAN entry within 72 hours prior to arrival by air or land border. You will receive a QR code receipt to present when entering the country. After arriving, you will be required to complete an additional, separate ArriveCAN submission to receive a cruise-specific QR code receipt to be presented during embarkation. For voyages originating in a US homeport and ending in Vancouver, Canada, you will need to complete your ArriveCAN submission within 72 hours prior to embarkation.
- More information on what is required by ArriveCAN can be found on the official Disney Cruise Line website.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Disney travel planning