Pixar’s Elemental will include the new animated short Carl’s Date when it premieres in theaters on June 16th.
- Pixar just announced that Elemental will revive the tradition of having an animated short play before their new films, the first time this has happened since Incredibles 2 in 2018, which featured the Oscar-winning short Bao.
- Carl’s Date is part of the Up-inspired Dug Days series that premiered on Disney+. The short was originally announced to stream this past Valentine’s Day, but was pushed back so it could receive a bigger release with Elemental.
- The short is written and directed by Academy Award nominee and Emmy Award winner Bob Peterson, who also voices Dug.
- Ed Asner recorded all of Carl Fredricksen’s dialogue in the short before he passed away in 2021.
- Carl’s Date finds Carl reluctantly agreeing to go on a date with a lady friend—but admittedly with no idea how dating works these days. Ever the helpful friend, Dug steps in to calm Carl’s pre-date jitters and offer some tried-and-true tips for making friends—if you’re a dog.
- See Carl’s Date on the big screen beginning June 16th in front of Pixar’s Elemental.