- The premiere of Haunted Mansion has been planned to take place at the Disneyland Resort on Saturday, July 15th. However, with the threat of a SAG-AFTRA strike, this plan could be in jeopardy.
- If said strike does occur, the premiere will reportedly turn into a fan event.
- A red carpet press line may still feature, however no actors from the film would be present. It would instead feature studio executives, Haunted Mansion director Justin Simien, producers Dan Lin and Jonathan Eirich, EPs Nick Reynolds and Tom Peitzman and composer Kris Bowers.
- It should be noted that the Haunted Mansion premiere is a private event hosted by the Walt Disney Studios for previously invited event guests only. The event will not be open to guests of the Disneyland Resort.
- The current SAG-AFTRA contract was extended to 11:59PM, tomorrow, July 12th. Any actors and actresses nominated for Primetime Emmys can still do press, but after Thursday, they cannot do any press for any projects.
- During the WGA Strike, writers/creators have been allowed to do press as long as a personal or third-party awards publicist has been pitching on their behalf; they’re not allowed to do any press that’s been organized on behalf of a studio.
About Haunted Mansion:
- Justin Simien directs the movie, which stars Jamie Lee Curtis, Owen Wilson, Jared Leto, Winona Ryder, Danny DeVito, Rosario Dawson, Dan Levy, LaKeith Stanfield, and Tiffany Haddish.
- Inspired by the classic Disney parks attraction, the mysterious adventure follows a doctor (Dawson) and her 9-year-old son (Dillon), looking to start a new life, move into a strangely affordable mansion in New Orleans, only to discover that the place is much more than they bargained for. Desperate for help, they contact a priest (Wilson), who, in turn, enlists the aid of a widowed scientist-turned failed-paranormal expert (Stanfield), a French Quarter psychic (Haddish) and a crotchety historian (DeVito).
- Haunted Mansion is due out in theaters on July 28th.