This October, Carol Danvers flies higher, further, and faster into an all-new era written by Alyssa Wong and drawn by Marvel’s Stormbreaker artist Jan Bazaldua! In addition to a brand-new costume, “Captain Marvel #1″ will also debut Carol Danvers’ deadly new archenemy as well as her surprising new ally.
- The epic new run will kick off when a horrific cosmic entity known as the Undone realizes that Captain Marvel is the only hero mighty enough to stop it from devouring Earth whole and sends its mysterious herald, the Omen, ahead to take Carol off the board! When the Omen’s plan to imprison Captain Marvel goes awry, Carol finds herself linked to a street-smart young thief named Yuna.
- Yuna represents the only chance Carol has to escape the Omen’s trap, but Yuna is no hero, and they’ll have to learn from each other if they have a chance even confronting the Undone! Fans can meet both the Omen and Yuna now in Stephen Segovia’s “Captain Marvel #2″ cover as well as Jan Bazaldua’s original design sheets.
- When cat burglar Yuna Yang set out to steal the legendary Nega-Bands, she was looking for a quick paycheck. What she got was a free ticket to the Negative Zone and permanent entanglement with Captain Marvel. Permanent until death, that is. And it doesn’t look like Yuna’s gonna make it to old age – not with new villain, the Omen, hot on her tail and hungry for the Bands’ power.
- Check out the “Captain Marvel #2″ cover and design sheets now and stay tuned in the weeks ahead for more Captain Marvel news, including stunning variant cover reveals.
What they’re saying:
- Writer Alyssa Wong: “The Omen is a villain with corruptive magic, a mysterious connection to the Negative Zone, and the ability to devour energy. She's been looking forward to meeting Carol for a hot minute. Yuna Yang is a full-time college student and recreational cat burglar, morally flexible with a heart of… gold? Her hunt for the Nega-Bands leads her straight to Carol–and into trouble. I love a good reluctant team-up story. Pairing the leader of the Avengers with a casual, cheerful criminal leads to a fun dynamic and all kinds of shenanigans. As for the Omen… well, turns out Carol and Yuna's lives might intersect more than they think.”