According to The Hollywood Reporter (THR), actor Billy Dee Williams is indeed returning to the Star Wars universe. Williams will reprise the role of Lando Calrissian in the latest installment of the Star Wars franchise.
- Actor Billy Dee Williams will reportedly make a return appearance in Star Wars: Episode IX as Lando Calrissian. Williams introduced the world to the character in 1980’s The Empire Strikes Back.
- Williams has kept the character alive, doing voice work as Calrissian in various cartoon projects and video games.
- THR also writes that Williams has recently “bowed out” of an appearance at sci-fi and pop culture convention due to filming schedule conflicts.
- Episode IX is set to being production this summer and will be directed by J.J. Abrams who also directed 2015’s The Force Awakens.
More Star Wars:
- Fans met a younger version of Calrissian in this year’s Solo: A Star Wars Story played by the charming Donald Glover.
- Last week, the internet was abuzz with the news that Keri Russell was in early talks to join the Star Wars cast. No role has been confirmed at this time.