According to Variety, actress Keri Russell is in early talks to join the cast of Star Wars Episode IX. Russell has previously worked with the film’s director J.J. Abrams, on Felicity and Mission: Impossible III.
- Actress Keri Russell is reportedly in early talks to join the cast of Star Wars Episode IX. Disney fans will recognize her as a Mouseketeer from the The New Mickey Mouse Club where she appeared as herself in 5 episodes.
- Russell is best know for playing Felicity Porter in the WB series, Felicity, and recently finished filming the final season of The Americans for FX.
- Variety reports that the role Russell is being considered for, “calls for action-heavy fight scenes. Russell has shown her ability to perform tough stunts in projects like The Americans, Mission: Impossible, and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.”
- Abrams will return to the director’s chair for Episode IX taking over for Colin Trevorrow who exited the film over creative differences.
- Abrams directed the 2015 installment, Start Wars: The Force Awakens.