2018 has been quite the year for Marvel Studios. With two more films to go, Phase 3 is about to come to a close. The penultimate entry of this storyline is Captain Marvel starring Brie Larson as the superhero. Marvel Studios just dropped the trailer for the March 8th release and we’re excited.
- Marvel has released the first Captain Marvel trailer. The film is scheduled to debut on March 8, 2019.
- Captain Marvel will take place in the 90’s –years prior to the Avengers Initiative that currently makes up the MCU.
- Captain Marvel will be a little different than most origin films, as audiences will meet the civilian Carol Danvers after she already has her Captain Marvel powers.
- Captain Marvel’s story partially takes place in outer space where she’s a member of Starforce, an elite alien Kree military team. She’ll have to deal with all sorts of alien threats including that of the shapeshifting Skrulls.
- Fans have already met some Kree aliens and will recognize two characters from the first Guardians of the Galaxy, Ronan and Korath.
- Not only did Marvel release the first Captain Marvel Trailer, they also debuted an official poster for the film.
Captain Marvel Cast:
New faces join the MCU in this film along a few returning favorites to tell this exciting story.
- Brie Larson as Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel
- Gemma Chan as Minn-Erva
- Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury
- Clark Gregg as Coulson
- Lee Pace as Ronan
- Djimon Hounsou as Korath
- Annette Benning
What the future holds:
- How big of a role Captain Marvel will play in next May’s Avengers 4 remains to be seen, but we know Nick Fury paged her during the Avengers: Infinity War post credits scene before he was dusted.
- Additionally, Kevin Feige has referred to Captain Marvel as the strongest character in the MCU.
- Entertainment Weekly offered readers a first look at Captain Marvel and even put her on the cover of their magazine.
Captain Marvel will arrive in theaters on March 8, 2019.