Scarlett Johansson, one of the biggest stars of the Marvel Cinematic Universe over the years, has reportedly landed a huge payday for her upcoming standalone Black Widow movie, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
- Johansson will reportedly earn $15 million for the Black Widow movie.
- That amount matches what Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth earned for their roles in the recent blockbuster, Avengers: Infinity War.
- Johansson has already appeared in six MCU films, including Iron Man 2, The Avengers and Captain America: Civil War.
- The yet-untitled Avengers 4 will be her seventh appearance before Black Widow hits theaters.
- The standalone Black Widow film was announced back in January of this year and the studio tapped Cate Shortland to direct the film in July.
ICYMI – More Marvel news:
- James Gunn, former director of Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, has reportedly signed on with Warner Bros. to write DC’s upcoming Suicide Squad sequel.
- Chris Evans shared a heartfelt thanks on his Twitter account after wrapping Avengers 4, calling it an “emotional day.”
- Marvel and Netflix released the first full trailer for season 3 of Daredevil, giving us our first look at a Daredevil impostor coming face to face with the Devil of Hell’s Kitchen himself.
- Marvel and Hulu released the first teaser for the second season of Marvel’s Runaways.