Oprah Winfrey has reportedly signed on to produce Disney’s upcoming feature film The Water Man, according to Backstage.
- According to a 2015 report from Deadline, Oprah has been attached to The Water Man for several years.
- The Water Man will mark Oprah’s return to Disney after she starred in A Wrinkle in Time earlier this year.
- Winfrey will be joined by her Selma co-star David Oyelowo who will double as an actor and producer.
- The Water Man will be a mythical adventure which will follow a young boy who runs away from home in search of a magic healer.
- Filming is slated to begin in May 2019.
ICYMI – More Movie news:
- The long-in-development 101 Dalmations spin-off Cruella is now eyeing Craig Gillespie to direct.
- Check out some of the social media reactions to Disney’s upcoming sequel Mary Poppins Returns.
- Tom Hanks is reportedly in talks to star in a live-action remake of Disney’s Pinocchio.
- Disney released the first trailer for their upcoming book adaptation Artemis Fowl.