Disney’s upcoming live-action remake of the animated classic Aladdin is headed to the pages of a graphic novel thanks to Dark Horse Comics, according to CBR.com.
- The new anthology graphic novel will be created by Corinna Bechko and Pablo Vite and will be released as a trade-paperback.
- The book will feature four intertwined stories set in the city of Agrabah, with each one coming from a different character's perspective.
- The graphic novel will include Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie and the Magic Carpet, seemingly ruling out the idea of it serving as a prequel.
- The 72-page graphic novel is scheduled to be released April 30.
- Disney’s Aladdin debuts in theaters on May 24.
ICYMI – More Aladdin news:
- Entertainment Weekly shared a first look at Disney’s live-action Aladdin.
- Walt Disney Studios released the first teaser trailer for the upcoming film that’s set to debut in May.
- Songwriters Benj Pasek and Justin Paul recently shed some light on their work on Disney’s Aladdin.
- Will Smith, star of Disney’s upcoming live-action remake of Aladdin, took to his social media accounts to share the poster for the new film.